Our kids deserve better
As your State Member of Parliament, I work closely with local schools, to gain funding to improve school facilities for our kids.
I was pleased to complete historic increases in school building funding from 2011 to 2014 under the previous State Liberal Government including:
- $10.5 million to rebuild Mt Waverley Secondary College Junior Campus;
- $7.2 million to rebuild Essex Heights Primary School;
- $4.75 million to rebuild Pinewood Primary School;
- $4.5 million to renovate Mt Waverley North Primary School, and
- funding to non-government school students equivalent to 25% of the cost of educating a student in a government school.
In 2014 I also secured funding for the previous State Liberal Government to:
- Rebuild Mt Waverley Secondary College Senior Campus (then valued at $18.9 million);
- Rebuild Brentwood Secondary College (then valued at $19 million), and
- Rebuild Glen Waverley Primary School (then valued at $6 million).
Following the election of the Andrews Labor Government, all of these school rebuild projects were cancelled in 2015 when the government reallocated funding to schools outside of our area.
I have regularly spoken out against the cancellation of these school rebuilds, both in State Parliament and in our local community. I will continue to fight to have these, and other school rebuild projects, recommenced by the Andrews Labor Government.