Since 1962, state education has been provided at 145 Stephensons Road Mt Waverley, currently the site of Mt Waverley Secondary College Junior Campus. During that time, thousands of Waverley students received both primary and secondary schooling at the site, however much of the infrastructure remained unchanged over those years.
Yesterday was a historic day for the School that I was proud to be a part of. The Minister for Education the Hon. Martin Dixon MLA and I joined staff and students to complete the junior campus rebuild project by officially opening the School.
The school rebuild project encompassed new classrooms, a new library, canteen and administration facilities and a refurbishment of arts, music, textiles, home economics, drama and science and technology facilities – almost a complete rebuild from the ground up.
This $10.5 million rebuild project is now fully delivered and will provide Waverley with first class learning facilities for generations to come.
Both the Minister and I congratulate the School Community on the rebuild project and look forward to continuing to support Mt Waverley Secondary College in its commitment to high standard education outcomes.
The rebuild was an important part of the Coalition Government’s comprehensive education capital works program for Waverley.
During this parliamentary term the Victorian Coalition Government will:
· complete the $10.5 million Mt Waverley Secondary junior campus rebuild
· deliver a new $7 million Essex Heights Primary School
· deliver a new $4.7 million Pinewood Primary School
· oversee a $1 million renovation of Mt Waverley North Primary
· increase state government support for non-government schools to 25 per cent of the average cost of educating students in Victorian government schools.
As a local resident and State Member for Waverley, I will continue to work to deliver such significant improvements to education services in Waverley.