About the event…
Date: Wednesday, 4 August 2010
Time: Drinks from 7pm
Location: Ibis Hotel, 297 Springvale Road, Glen Waverley
Cost: $45.00 per person (includes canapés, wine, beer
and soft drink)
Mt Waverley SEC Chairman
Mobile: 0411 273 765
Mt Waverley SEC Secretary
Mobile: 0402 767 898
RSVP by: Monday 26 July 2010
Payment options: cheque, money order or cash on the evening.
About the Mount Waverley campaign…
In fighting State Labor Minister Maxine Morand MP for the seat of Mount Waverley, the SEC is working hard to support State Liberal Candidate Michael Gidley. Activities already undertaken, and continuing to occur include:
• A campaign of direct mail to every voter in the electorate, which includes an individually addressed letter, issues survey, key values platform and a map of the Mount Waverley electorate.
• Weekly shopping centre and train station visits.
• Letterboxing of key law and order Liberal material.
• A campaign of targeted business and residential door knocking.
• Networking with community groups, schools, environment groups and businesses.
• Regular media releases and interviews, which have generated both statewide and local media clips.
• Website launch, with ongoing updates and social media presence on forums such as Twitter and Facebook.
• Development of local policy proposals in consultation with local residents and community organisations.
To receive further information about the campaign, and support efforts to win the seat of Mount Waverley, we look forward to seeing you on 4 August 2010. In addition, you can follow the campaign for the election of Michael at www.michaelgidley.com.au and view recent media releases, media coverage, photographs, policy announcements and sign up for email updates, Twitter updates or join his Facebook fan page.
About the speaker…
Senator Mitch Fifield is a key part of Tony Abbott’s team as we march towards the next Federal Election. Holding the roles of Deputy Manager of Opposition Business in the Senate and Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Disabilities, Carers and the Voluntary sector, Mitch assists to drive Liberal policy and political debate. Mitch publishes the Party Room with Andrew Robb, a periodical policy publication that aims to promote the exchange of ideas and breadth of policy knowledge among Coalition Members ofParliament.
Mitch is highly regarded as an engaging and informative interviewee on political happenings— you may have caught him on his regular spot on Sky News’ AM Agenda program presenting the Liberal view and policy on current events against Labor’s Craig Emerson and Mark Arbib. Mitch was sworn into the Senate in 2004, and re-elected in the 2007 Federal election. Prior to joining Victoria’s Senate team, Mitch was an integral part of former Treasurer Peter Costello’s advisory team, and prior to that held senior advisory roles within the Kennett and Greiner governments, giving him a unique insight into the issues facing both state and federal governments.